Thursday, June 11, 2009

MCSA - 70-290

Yesterday I headed back to my old school, Davenport, and took the 70-290 exam, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment. I took it now for two main reasons. 1) The second chance option is available. If I fail it the first time, I get a second chance. 2) The exam was on sale, which brought the price down to 90 dollars. As it turns out, I didn't need to worry at all. Unfortunately, the 70-290 exam was very easy. Many of the questions were very basic, and did not go in depth at all. As well, there were only 44 questions on the exam. The simulations were better, they at least covered multiple areas, and simulated real life problems, yet even so, they were not very difficult either. The required score to pass was a 700. I got 880, and finished quite quickly. I will start studying for my 70-291 exam (which promises to be a bit more difficult) starting next week.
My next exam will most likely be the Vista client exam. I believe that combined with the Security+ exam, I will have MCSA 2003:Security status.
Next, I will either continue on to get my MCSE for 2003, my Network+ and A+ certifications, or attack my CCNA certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment